3 Tips for Better Goal-Setting for 2022
Here’s a little-known secret to goal-setting and achieving.
You don’t have to wait until New Year’s to make a change.
Change is available at any time.
Here are a few ways to look at the goals you’re creating to help ensure you’re setting yourself up for success.
1. Ask yourself, “Where do I want to be on this date one year from today?”
Then tackle your five and ten-year plans (or the amount of time you prefer).
2. Ask, “Who am I one year from today?”
If you’re not sure where you want to be, then who do you want to be?
Consider questions like:
- What is your title?
- Who/what do you identify as?
- What ways have you changed?
- Who are you?
- How are you living?
- Where are you living?
- How do you feel?
- What are you doing?
Write it down on paper so you can edit, add, and eliminate as you plan.
3. Break down your two biggest “have to have” goals.
List your priorities:
- What are your personal priorities?
- What are your career priorities?
- What are your family priorities?
- Which projects will you prioritize?
Now, go over all these lists of ideas.
How can you make these goals more specific?
What comes across as vague? Really drill down on them and think them through. You can even run them through the SMART Goals method or my COMET Goals framework!
If you still need to talk to someone to help you create the best year of your life and hold you accountable, let’s talk!
This post was created with Typeshare